Monday, April 30, 2018

A Saying on Cheating, by a Man Long Gone


My eighth-grade science teacher, Mr. Coy Ferguson, used to quote this adage:
"He who cheats, cheats he who."
Mr. Ferguson was one of my best teachers, and I still remember things he said. I used to go and see him in his little town of Oxford, Arkansas, about 10 miles south of my hometown of Salem.

He died while I was pursuing an education off in the world somewhere, so I never got to see him after I went away to distant lands to study for my higher degrees.

Since he died in 1997, according to this gravestone that I've found, I reckon I was in Australia, halfway around the world.

RIP, Mr. Ferguson. I'm only twenty years late.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 2:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He was truly a great teacher. I remember his sayings and the one time he convinced us there was heat in the building although the boiler was really broken.

Jay

 
At 4:21 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

I had forgotten that. Thanks for the memory.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home