Sunday, May 28, 2017

Kind Words from Professor Emeritus Kim Seong-Kon


I sent a copy of my collected poems, Radiant Snow, to Professor Kim Seong-Kon, who heads the KLTI - the translation institute that has supported much translation work done by my wife and me - and he had these kind words for my book:
Thank you for sending me your book of poems, Radiant Snow. The poems were witty and inspirational. I smiled while reading "Choke-a-Cola" or "Big Bad Wuff Rap."
To which he added:
My congratulations on the publication of your poems! Now you have become a poet!
The context to this remark is that in Korea, one officially becomes a poet when one first publishes a substantial work, usually in a debut.

My collection in Radiant Snow is something of a debut, though I've previously published a few poems here and there.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Blogger Carter Kaplan said...

Professor Kim's praise looks good on you. Indeed, it's very becoming.

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks . . . I guess.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 2:38 AM, Blogger Carter Kaplan said...

I was punning. Achilles has a better chance reaching that tortoise than the public has finding anything significant in my wit.

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Was the pun "becoming" - that word fits the sense of units divided ever smaller.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home