Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Oh, great, something else to worry about . . .

Leonid Bershidsky

Leonid Bershidsky informs me (and several million other people) about the power of AI's neural networks:
Machines also have been getting better at producing literary work. This year, an AI-written novel passed the first round of a Japanese fiction competition.
Thank God, the abomination got no further than passing the first round! Hmm . . . or could I turn this to my benefit? Maybe have some neural network write a first draft of a novel, which I could then rework, rather like what I do as half of a translation team with my wife.

Speaking of which . . . but no, I'll save that for tomorrow.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Blogger Carter Kaplan said...

And let this be a warning to all those artificial highbrows out there:

Watch out for that second round, it's a doozey!

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

AI highbrows!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home