Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Todd S. Berzon Briefly Cites Me on Astrological Determinism


Professor Todd S. Berzon, in his book Classifying Christians: Ethnography, Heresiology, and the Limits of Knowledge in Late Antiquity (2016), cites me on page 4, in footnote 17:
On astrological determinism among the Gnostics, see Horace Jeffrey Hodges, "Gnostic Liberation from Astrological Determinism: Hipparchan 'Trepidation' and the Breaking of Fate," VC 51.4 (1997): 359–73.
He also cites Professor Nicola Denzey Lewis, whom I blogged on yesterday, so he probably learned of me in her book.

This citation of my article is merely a footnote, but that's not nothing, so I wish my name were spelled right ("Jeffery," not "Jeffrey"), but I seem fated to suffer such misrecognition, due to the unusual spelling of my name.

And I wish I weren't named "Horace" . . .

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3:19 AM, Blogger Carter Kaplan said...

What are the origins of the "Jeffery" spelling?

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

From my maternal grandfather: Henry Jefferson Perryman.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home