Saturday, August 13, 2016

Bottomless Glass, Too?

Bottomless Glass
Google Images

Another reader of my novella, The Bottomless Bottle of Beer, took a liking to it and says the following:
5.0 out of 5 stars - A gem you don't want to miss, August 11, 2016

This book was an excellent presentation of temptation written by a brilliant theologian. On one hand it was quick and entertaining as well as very humorous. On the other hand, its core matter was weighed and balanced in a way that makes meditating on the carefully written words almost necessary. I was afraid I was missing something if I didn't reread and rethink every nuance. I will read and reread the book again and recommend it to others. It's a gem.
I'm not a theologian, and certainly not brilliant, but I understand why people think I'm a theologian. They take a glance at my thesis on John's Gospel and Gnostic texts and they think: "theologian." That's okay, I guess. Being thought "brilliant," however, is already off target, and what's worse, people would no longer underestimate me (which has always been to my advantage) and start overestimating me (to my disadvantage).

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 5:49 AM, Blogger TheBigHenry said...

I read your book last year -- enjoyed it too!

As your friend, I would never estimate you to your disadvantage :)

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

If you enjoyed the story to five stars' worth, then feel free to say so on Amazon!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger TheBigHenry said...

Done!

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks, TBH! You're a pal!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Shannon Hodges said...

Yes, definitely a good read as is said.

Shannon Hodges

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks, Shan. If you weren't my brother, I'd ask you to give my novella a short review on Amazon.

If the whole widely extended clan were to contribute a review each, several hundred reviews would appear!

But that won't happen . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home