Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Poetry Break: Sexist Weather Report

Antarctica

In thinking more about iambic pentameter, I recalled that one can vary the syllable length if the unstressed syllables allow an approximation of a single syllable . . . or is that a wishful 'memory'?

Anyway, does this twelve-syllabled monstrosity work?

Sexist Weather Report

It's colder than the tipple on a niche's wit.

Or is it too clever to be truly sexist?

After all, what do "tipple," "niche's," and "wit" have to do with reports about the sexiest weather report? Hold on, I meant sexist weather report . . . gotta watch that slip of the lip.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant!

I do not care if it is sexist. I crave literary impregnation, and this properly gushes through me like a crater lake full of highbrow spermatozoa, and I am not abashed.

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks . . . I think.

Jeffery Hodges

@ @ @

 

Post a Comment

<< Home