Friday, March 18, 2016

Official Copy Editor: Trans-Humanities


I received a nice request yesterday from Ewha's Trans-Humanities journal, along with some praise that reminded me of how long I've been teaching and editing here at Ewha. First, the praise:
You have helped us very well since 2008 - for so long you [have] made the English of our journal [better]. I want to say [out] loud, "Thank you."
Now comes the request:
[We] have a question, or I ask you for this: Could we print your name as Copy Editor in the journal Trans-Humanities? If you would accept our suggestion, we would be very thankful.
I said yes, of course. I'm flattered to learn that the journal wants my name as one of its editors. And yes, I know that the position isn't the grandest position on a journal board, but the copy editing job is what I do for this journal, and the position is a perfectly honorable one.

Moreover, I learn a lot about issues that I wouldn't ordinarily encounter in my current department, as is also the case with other journals for which I copy edit, such as the Journal of Peace and Unification, or the Feminist Studies in English Literature.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

Well, congratulations! Will you be slaying the feti—uh, fatted calf?

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Ya, ja! Animals can be raised . . . .and SLAUGHTERED!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home