Sunday, March 06, 2016

A Note from a High School Friend


One of my high school friends who attended last summer's fortieth anniversary has since read my first novella, The Bottomless Bottle of Beer, and wants to re-read it:
Your book was entertaining the first time I read it. I want to re-read it and catch all the details and nuances I missed by having read through it quickly the first time. I am truly impressed by all your talents and your intelligence. You are an amazing man.
This friend has also promised to review the book on Amazon. Grateful for the promise, but embarrassed by such praise, I responded:
I'm not really so amazing or intelligent. As I tell my friends, I'm second rate, but if I apply myself well, I can do some first-rate work. That's my secret. My only point of genius is that I can write well . . . and I've had lots of practice.
And that's the truth, as Lily Tomlin used to say . . .

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Blogger Carter Kaplan said...

I hope your friend will read the sequel "The Uncanny Story" in Emanations: 2 + 2 = 5.

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

As in finding the evidence for my claim of being second rate?

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 2:31 PM, Anonymous www.welcomebones666artworld.trilogistick.com said...

For us, that will be First Rate! not second rate! we love the Bottomless Bottle of Beer! and not
suppression because we believed Satan the fallen angels the eye opener from the Tree of Knowledge and we are not favor in the ''Culture of Silence'' and Conspiracy Silence! Free from the 666 Political System! Let the Satanic colors gave beautiful and sublime!

*Bones*

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks, Bones - maybe you're right about the BBB!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home