Sunday, March 02, 2014

Off the Top of My Head


I was so busy today that I had no time to reflect upon serious topics, so here's a photo from about a week ago of me and the kitty named "Scat" distracted by something to our left from reading the news . . . well, one of us, anyway. I can't be sure Scat actually knows how to read, though he invariably joins me there, often even leaning upon my shoulder for an hour as I read, so he might also be reading.

As my own long-time readers will note, this is one of my few bareheaded photos -- I usually wear a cap to maintain my dignity and (more importantly) my mystique. No, I do not mean my mistake! Don't even think that I lost my hair by mistake (as if I would be careless about something like that)! Nor by intention! As if! I lost it neither by accident nor by design, but by masculine necessity: excessive testosterone! You can look it up.

Anyway, when students wonder why I wear a cap and ask me if it's for religious reasons, I say, "It's even more important than religion. I wear a cap for three crucial reasons -- to protect my head from cold, from heat, and from ridicule!"

Speaking of which, I'd better brace myself for smirky snark . . .

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cute!!!!!!

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks, Anon!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No snide remarks from me.
My hair is so thin that the last time I went swimming, my head sunburned, and when someone take my picture, it appears that I am practically bald on top.
And that testosterone theory doesn't work for me. I lost my hair and T-level at the same time.


Cran

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Oh no, Uncle Cran! The worst of both worlds!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As my hair thins and my t-level shrinks, I have decided there are worse things than losing hair.
For instance, I also have bad breath...which is better than having no breath at all.
I have decided that keeping one's hair cut closely, as yours appears to be, makes for a handsome appearance. That seems to be the trend by people I see.
If I lose my hair, I think I will do that also.

I do wonder what you and the cat are pondering? Perhaps deep and mysterious thoughts, ... possibly origins, purpose and destiny?

Cran

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

We appear to be peering in the direction of the kitchen, so we're probably thinking about food . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home