Thursday, November 28, 2013

Former Student's Card: Congratulations


A former student of mine named Agnes Loh came to my Tuesday evening reading and handed me a card of congratulations before my 'performance.' Agnes hails from Singapore and speaks very good English, as you can infer from her Facebook page and from what she wrote in her card:
Dear Professor Hodges,

Congratulations on your recently published novella, The Bottomless Bottle of Beer! Being a huge fan of you, I'm so excited and thrilled for you upon knowing about your new book. May your book top the charts of Amazon and New York Times' bestseller! Who knows, our "Professor Dumbledore" may be the next famous author of our contemporary time! Looking forward to your literary reading at the English Lounge later around 5:00 p.m. See you there!

Yours Sincerely,

Agnes Loh
Agnes calls me "Professor Dumbledore" because of my half-lens glasses, partly, but because I am old, mostly.

I can only hope her wish comes true about my novella hitting the bestseller lists . . .

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 2:19 AM, Blogger Carter Kaplan said...

Congratulations, and Happy Thanksgiving, Jeffery.

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks, and same to you!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home