Friday, August 16, 2013

Ozark Dinner at Home of Uncle Woodrow and Aunt Pauline

The other day about 11 in the morning Seoul time, I called my brother John in my hometown, hoping to talk with my wife, expecting her and the kids to be home around 9 in the evening Salem time, but they had not yet left the feast at the home of my Uncle Woodrow and Aunt Pauline, a feast that began like this:


That looks like a pretty hearty meal, and Sa-Rah has to do all she can to beat En-Uk to the table first:


Apparently, she succeeds:


But En-Uk recovers and steps up to the plate:


The sit-down meal looks more civilized:


Afterwards, Sa-Rah reports to Uncle Woodrow on how she won three plane tickets on the EBS Quiz Show:


Cousin Martha listens to the same tale, though rather more skeptically:


Aunt Virginia is all smiles, perhaps laughing at a clock that's right only twice a day:


And that's all I have to show until my wife provides more photos, perhaps when she and the kids arrive this Friday evening . . .

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang it, another feast missed... looked like there was available seating and plenty of food for one more at that table.
Sorry I didn't get to see your family.
The flooding here kept me home and busy...helping a neighbor get landscape rock back into his landscape, and clearing rock and limbs from the dog park.
Cuz Bill

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Maybe there'll be another chance in a couple of years . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved having your wonderful family in the Ozarks last week. Unfortunately I had to work most of the time they were here, but they did get to use our pool lots.

Tim

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks for having a pool to cool them off!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home