Saturday, July 27, 2013

"Afterword" in List - Books from Korea

"Horace Jeffery Hodges"
List - Books from Korea

I blogged on this short article of mine back in early June when the hard copy of the KLTI's List (Volume 20, Summer 2013) was published, and a few readers may recall my dismay at being identified as "Horace J. Hodges." In everyday life, I prefer "Jeffery" (or "Jeff"), but for official purposes, I accept "Horace Jeffery Hodges."

Anyway, I informed the editors and received a promise that my full name would be presented in the electronic version, which it is.

Interested individuals can click over to "Afterword" and read -- if they haven't read before -- my brief, amateur analysis of Korean literature: "Encountering Korean Literature: A Personal Journey."

By the way, here's what my bio there states:
Horace Jeffery Hodges is a professor of the English Program Office and Division of International Studies at Ewha Womans University, where he teaches composition and research methods, and occasionally also history and theology. He has a doctorate in history from UC Berkeley and has published articles on history, political science, religious studies, and literary criticism. He is also a published writer and poet.
My name was presented in full in that, too, as you can see. I suppose some readers might think that I make a lot of noise over a minor issue, but having one's name correctly written is important for anyone who publishes, whether fiction or nonfiction.

I've been identified as "Jeffrey Horace Hodges," "Horace Geoffrey Hodges," "Horrace Jeffrey Hodges," and a few other misnomers, so I struggle with this all the time.

It's a pain in the ask me no more questions . . .

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't feel too badly, Jeffery.

Can you imagine the problems I have had by being Cranford Bazzil Hodges?

From my first day of elementary school until the present I have been teased and my name misspelled by acquaintances, businesses, credit card companies, etc.

I have always said that with such unusual names, I could never be President. But then again......

Cran

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

I admit that "Bazzil" beats "Horace" and "Jeffery" by a long shot!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home