Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Delana Epperson: Arkansas Photographer


A couple of days ago, I borrowed a photo of locust blossoms by night and only afterwards checked with the Arkansas photographer Delana Epperson for permission, but maybe because I'm also from Arkansas, she allowed me my unorthodox ways and let me continue to use the photo:
The attribution is correct and I'm honored that you used my photo. I enjoyed reading your blog about it. The . . . [locust blossoms] are invasive trees. When we moved where we are now, they had them and they pop up everywhere. I thought wow, that's a fast growing shade tree, lol. We now know better and just had about 30 of those Black Locust bulldozed down. Now, we are still digging up roots to dispose of them. I do love the blossoms in the Spring.
A couple of days later, Ms. Epperson led me to site with the above photo:
If you like night photos, how about a Dandelion with a Cucumber Beetle on it. I love playing with the camera at night and trying different flowers and weeds. This is on my gallery on WeatherUnderground. My handle is CalicoBass . . .
Ms. Epperson may say she's just playing around with her camera, but she produces photos that look more than amateur to me! Moreover, she has what every great photographer needs . . . luck:
I didn't realize the bug was there until I uploaded the pic onto the computer.
Of course, there's also skill, and she has hundreds of photographs to prove it. Go and gaze . . .

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 5:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez Jeff.

It would appear the apple (dime) doesn't fall far from the tree.

Oh. Hello Cran.

JK

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

You'll have to 'splain that one to me, JK.

(You expecting Uncle Cran to show up?)

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cran steals a dime. First time (I noticed anyway) you steals ["borrows"] a Batesville Guardian post and it's downhill from there.

Where Cran's lurkabouts are concerned ... he does seem to have an uncanny knack for showing up when his name gets mentioned.

JK

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Ah . . . okay, I guess I can see the connection.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well of course.

Your 'borrowings without first permissions' Cran'll allow slip along and so won't come in and offer some "timely" comment - wait and see though.

Cran's memory is pretty good. Almost as good as mine. We're though, Cran an' me at a hefty disadvantage, while I might not worry so much in the immediate vicinity - for Cran there's Gaye!

(Cran'd describe it as thermodynamics or somesuch - he's just skipped commenting.)

JK

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Must be a case of entropy . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home