Monday, May 27, 2013

Terrance Lindall's Vampirella . . . and Vampire Hella

Vampirella
Terrance Lindall
Ebay

According to Ebay, the piece of Americana is fine quality:
VAMPIRELLA #86 (1980) CGC NM/MT 9.8 Terrance Lindall Cover HIGHEST GRADED!
I don't know what some of that means, but I like this cover. In fact, Lindall's Vampirella rather reminds me of another vamp:


That's Hella, from my eerie tale, The Bottomless Bottle of Beer (purchasable here), as drawn and colored by none other than Terrance Lindall. Noting the similarity between Vampirella and Vampire Hella, I called this to Terrance's attention:
She reminds me of Hella!
To which Terrance replied:
I foresaw her!
Perfectly eerie through and through . . . hence calling for a reposting of an old poem of mine:
Vampire
Fine frost that laces window panes,
the icy-blooded vampire’s veins;
seductive, sensual spoor of death,
its frozen, freezing undead breath;
one cold, controlled, alluring art,
its solitary lover’s heart.
Are you scared yet? If not, get thee to You Tube for this: "Moon Over Bourbon Street."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home