Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Short Report from Uncle Cran

Aunt Gay and Uncle Cran

I received an email from Uncle Cran, who along with Aunt Gay has been visiting his son, Cousin James, and James's family, and here's what Uncle Cran has to say:
James took a picture of some old couple walking on the Gulf beach at St. Petersburg,

That can't be Gay and me. THOSE PEOPLE ARE TOO OLD, GRAY HEADED AND WRINKLED!
Uncle Cran is right. He's surely not that man in the photo. I think I know who that old man is, though. Let us recall this anecdote of Uncle Cran single-handedly taking down a barn, as described in his previous report:
Just as I was finishing getting the roofing off the sheds, I heard two guys across the street at the back door of the bank talking. One said, "Just look at that old f*rt. He gets around like a young man". I knew they weren't talking about me, as I'm only 73. I decided [they] were looking up the hill just behind where I was working, and [I] saw a man doing some work up there, and [realized] that I had misunderstood the man [at the bank]. He actually said, "Just look at that old Art. He gets around like a young man." I don't know this Art, or what he was doing, but he sure impressed those guys.
The man in that photograph above is definitely "Old Art." The image rather reminds me of Grant Wood's American Gothic, minus the house and pitchfork, so this is "Old Art" in a secondary sense . . .

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right once again, Jeffery.

That was really Linda Gay and me...(or Linda Gay and I, {whichever is proper}.

Regarding the identification of "Old *Art:
There actually was no one else in those men's range of vision.

I was the "old *Art" on the roof, although I didn't appreciate the expression, nor the snide insinuation by the two men.

Once again you can see my quirky sense of humor, which sometimes gets me in trouble from misunderstanding or hyper sensitive individuals.

Cran

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Well . . . it's good to be right once in a blue moon.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home