Thursday, November 08, 2012

Descending into the Abyss . . .

Descent
Terrance Lindall

Above is Descent, Terrance Lindall's most recent illustration to go with my story The Bottomless Bottle of Beer. Lindall lives in New York, and the hurricane of last week has left him effectively cut off from his office, so he's had to improvise with other materials for drawing upon, as he informed me in the message accompanying the image:
Sketching on napkins! The descent . . .
If you click twice on the image and closely inspect the top, you'll see that he's not joking -- if you can only make out the perforated line! Which actually leads me to wonder what sort of 'napkin' this is, and where Lindall was seated as he sketched the scene . . . Anyway, I wrote back:
I didn't know that sketching on napkins was even possible! You are a genius . . .
Well . . . "genius" might be slightly overpraising Lindall's resourcefulness in this particular case -- but he is a genius! I can hardly wait to see the entire sequence when he's finished and the illustrations are arranged with my story.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you going to enclose those napkins in your book? Maybe publishing a few special edition copies with these would be a great marketing trick. I'm sure this it wouldn't escape the attention of the media :)

Jacek

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Good idea! I'll take it up with Terrance.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home