Monday, April 16, 2012

Brother Shan's 101 Careers!

Shannon Hodges

Just to rub things in -- not only about being better looking, having published a novel, and having a good career -- my handsome brother Shan recently sent me a link to a video in which I could watch him being interviewed about his recent book, 101 Careers in Counseling, a reminder not only that I have no career but also that he has one-hundred-and-one of them!

Surely, he could spare one for me?

Too late, I reckon. The book's already published, and he can't change the title now to read 100 Careers in Counseling. But he should have checked with me first, before publishing, so that we could have worked these things out.

My wife wondered if she should translate the book into Korean, but I poured cold water on that idea. Shan's already successful enough and doesn't need to be famous in Korea when I'm not even famous here yet!

On the other hand, some of his fame might then rub off on me . . .

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

Now if only you can get the man to comment on your blog...

(Or has he already?)

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

My blog is probably one of the 101 counseling careers . . . number 101, right after bartenders . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Shannon Hodges said...

Jeff:
Thank you for the promo! But, don't be so hard on yourself.

Your "handsome" brother,
Shannon

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

I'm hard on myself due to my high standards.

Anyway, you're welcome. I hope that the little extra publicity helps.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home