Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Truth in Advertising?


I've been annoyed by the above cover for several weeks, ever since my wife's copy of this December 28, 2011 - January 4, 2012 issue of Newsweek arrived promising "2011 Pictures of the Year" inside.

Why my annoyance? Well, I had serious doubts about that promise. The magazine simply didn't feel hefty enough for 2011 photos. I finally counted yesterday and discovered merely 130 'pictures' in the entire issue! And that's a liberal counting that includes advertisements and the two covers!

Talk about bait and switch!

How can a national -- nay, international -- magazine of such prominent eminence promise 2011 pictures but follow through on only 130?

I want my wife's money back!

Oddly, my wife doesn't seem the least bit upset. Indeed, she seems not to understand my point at all. I guess her English isn't quite perfect yet.

Anyway, I thought I might try to "go viral" with my complaint. Maybe that'll get something done about this . . .

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger "It was written" - Nas said...

Oh, the solution is very simple, and here it is: Tell your wife to stop being so ghetto!

Or...better yet, go find yourself ONE that's not PINK. :)(:

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Actually, she did catch the humor (little humor that it was). That's an interesting expression, though. Here in Korea, the Koreans say to stop being a frog in a well, which might mean the same thing.

I guess I'm a frog in a well myself on the "pink" reference. I don't think Sun-Ae would qualify as pink, but I'm not sure what the expression means.

By the way, I really like that red-and-blue pattern that you use with your name. What is it, though?

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger ilTassista Marino said...

The magazine simply didn't feel hefty enough for 2011 photos

... nor did they specify WHICH year! If it happens to be somewhere around 1300, please let me know: I would love to see life at the times of Dante.

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Sorry, Dario, but I couldn't read the photos -- they were in Korean!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger ilTassista Marino said...

oh, that's a pity...

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Yes, each one worth a thousand words, worthless to me . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home