Friday, January 13, 2012

Expecting Rain . . . a "Hard Rain"!


A few days ago, I blogged on Dylan's 'plagiarism' ("Dylan on Cash . . . Or?") and cited  Scott Warmuth on Dylan's surreptitious use of Jack London. Unexpectedly for me, Mr. Warmuth visited my blog entry and commented:
Thanks for the link to my article. I dig your nod to Milton at the end of the post.

You can find more of my writing on Dylan's work on my blog. A good starting point might be the long list of Jack London similarities that I referred to in my New Haven Review essay . . .

Mr. Warmuth didn't stop at that. He also linked to my blog entry from a Dylan news site, Expecting Rain, for January 12, 2012, and at around 8:30 p.m., Seoul time, I was getting nearly 100 hits per hour on my blog, most of those directed from Expecting Rain! Perhaps some of those sent my way will linger and read other posts. I can hope . . .

The Milton reference, by the way, was to my post's words about Dylan leading us "in wandering mazes lost," a serpentine sinuosity described in Paradise Lost 2.561.

Anyway, thank you, Mr. Warmuth . . .

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Blogger Roy Lofquist said...

Dear Mr. Hodges,

Dylan has never denied the charges of plagiarism. I doubt that he much cares. He makes music and poetry, mainly for himself I suspect.

I sympathize. I am sure I have had original thoughts at times but I'll be damned if I can figure out which ones.

Regards,

Roy

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

In the case of great artists like Dylan or John Milton, their 'plagiarism' is a compliment to the plagiarized.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home