Friday, May 13, 2011

En-Uk's Ozark Art?

My paternal Aunt Kathryn recently requested Ozark art from my eleven-year-old son, so he's been blogging away on his art blog, fulfilling her request. He began with one titled "The Ozarks," but it looks more like "The Ozark Highway":


Here's what he wrote, in his usual, informative manner:
This drawing is called "The Ozarks." I made this drawing because I like the Ozarks, and, also, this drawing is for my father's Aunt Kathryn. Bye.
He followed this with an image of "Uncle Cranford," one my father's brothers:


And he wrote, again by way of information:
This drawing is called "Uncle Cranford." I made this drawing because Aunt Kathryn requested pictures of people in the Ozarks. Bye.
This was then followed by "Uncle Woodrow," another of my father's brothers:


About Uncle Woodrow, En-Uk wrote a bit more of a personal note:
This drawing is called "Uncle Woodrow." I made this drawing because it was fun fishing with uncle Woodrow. Bye.
He followed this with an image of "South Fork":


Of which, returning to his elliptical informative style, En-Uk wrote:
This drawing is called "South Fork." I made this drawing because I like the South Fork River in the Ozarks. Bye.
Followed by an abstract drawing titled "South Fork Restaurant":


Of this odd object, he wrote, again adding a rare personal touch:
This drawing is called "South Fork Restaurant." It is in the Ozarks. I made this drawing because they have good food. Bye.
Then came a singular critter called "Ozark Turtles":


About this unexpectedly plural entity, he wrote:
This drawing is called "Ozark Turtles." I made this drawing because I like the turtles in the Ozarks. Bye.
Then came another strange entity, my brother John, known to En-Uk as "Uncle John":


About John, my son wrote an entire tome:
This drawing is called "Uncle John." I made this drawing because Uncle John is funny. He believes in God. He is a pastor in a Baptist church. He is silly. He plays with me and Sa-Rah. He likes eating. It is fun to play with him because he plays like a kid. I think it would be good if he would be more like an adult. He likes cake. He dosn't like garlic. He dosn't like vegetables. He is like me! He thinks well. It would be good if he could play soccer. He goes to the creek with me. He does a lot of stuff with me. He is tall. He likes to eat fatty foods. He likes frosted cake. It is good to have a humorous uncle like Uncle John. Bye.
What can one add to all that? Well, perhaps one more image, for Uncle John had to come from somewhere, so En-Uk depicted my mother, but titled her "Granma," of course:


About her, En-Uk wrote no tome, but he was at least personal:
This drawing is called "Granma." I made this drawing because I like to meet granma in the Ozarks. Bye.
The Ozark art will likely continue daily for several days, so check in at En-Uk's Art Blog, beginning with the post of May 13th, 2011.

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

At 3:55 AM, Blogger ilTassista Marino said...

All together, a nice, funny but fascinating virtual journey. Such an imaginative, and such a real place, at the same time. Much better than all that travel agencies' "artificial" stuff. Thanks, En-Uk.

 
At 4:06 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

I decided to post these from lack of time last night after a lot of editing work, but this took more effort than most blog entries!

Good thing it turned out well . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger ilTassista Marino said...

Blogger catastrophically destroyed the last post to all (or many) of its clients, yesterday!

I briefly repeat the comment I wrote the first time: Many thanks, En-Uk, for this virtual journey in the Ozarks, that's so imaginative, and so real.

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Yes, Blogger was down for 'maintenance' and did away with some comments. I can do without more maintenance of that sort. At least this post is back!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff,

Happy birthday.

Tim

 
At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

En-Uk:

Thank you for the good picture of me.
However, I noticed that my large ears are missing, and that it is actually my left shoulder that droops.

Uncle Cran

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks, Tim.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

I'll have En-Uk practice drawing ears.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Kevin Kim said...

Saw your birthday comment over at the Marmot's. Saeng-il chuk-ha haeyo.

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger ilTassista Marino said...

Hey! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! For he's a gyspy good fellow!!

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks, Kevin and Dario, for the birthday greetings.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home