Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Dario Rivarossa starts to blog . . .

EkHeart in Eden
Dario Rivarossa
(Image from (He)Art by dhr)

My cyberfriend Dario Rivarossa, who posts comments here quite often, is an amusing, humorous, multitalented fellow, combining erudition with intellect, curiosity with discipline, and artistry with ethic, among other things, such as a talent for languages and skill as a translator.

He is also now a blogger, and his Blogspot blog is titled (He)Art by dhr.

Actually, I hadn't realized that he wasn't already a blogger. But I guess that I'll have to accept that he's a neophyte to the art of blogging, for here's the evidence from his initial post:
Hello?...
Why, hello. Or is it, "Hello?"
Dear Reader & Blogger
Gasp! How did he know that?! I am a reader, obviously, but how did Dario know that I also blog? Naturally, he knows that I am a blogger, but how did he know that I would visit and read his first entry? This man has preternatural foresight! Unless he was referring to the web host for Blogspot blogs, namely, Blogger, and for some obscure reason was apostrophizing it with a greeting . . .
welcome to my first attempt to start a Blog. I will know if it worked only after seeing it online.
It 'seems' to be working. Ah, here's some more:
Since I am no mother-tongue, the texts will contain several mistakes, but it doesn't matter: they will be outnumbered by the mistakes in the contents. E.g. I already registered this web address two times, and cannot delete the 2nd copy . . . I dunno-how skipped the Instruction page, so I am improvising . . . Now, will our hero one day succeed in modifying the Profile
I could probably give some advice . . . but what fun is there in that? Let this 'none-of-a-mother-tongue' struggle with the new medium of blogging. Why, blogging is the cutting edge of cyberspace, so one must blaze one's own path with that keen, avant-garde edge. Besides, I'll be overjoyed to see some other fellow's self-inflicted wounds, for the vanguard carry sharp, two-edged swords. Dario's careless cuts will make me feel so much better about my own wounded self.
Basically, the Blog aims at showing my drawings, mostly Fan Art devoted to classical Japanese Anime characters (reworked), and odd&ends freely based on the verses of poets like John Milton.
Uh-oh, people. Another Miltonist hawking his Miltonia. But at least Dario's blog will display art that hasn't been recycled from Wikipedia, unlike the found-art images supplied by yours truly. Dario will be recounting the future adventures of a certain "EkHeart," apparently a cyborg of the 23rd century.
This is the first drawing, sort of a Manifesto.
The revolution will be blogged.
Bye! --------- and, buy, in case ;-)
There it is, the initial double-punning, sales-pitching, counter-cultural dénouement, enclosed in case, yours for the low price of . . . free.

You can't do better than that.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At 6:04 AM, Anonymous dhr said...

Oh! Many thanks, Jeffery!

A brief note for 'all' the Miltonists surfing here. The picture was inspired by this one by Gustave Doré, from his Paradise Lost engravings.

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

I thought it looked familiar -- though I suppose I should keep my mouth shut, not being a surfing sort of Miltonist . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 4:10 PM, Anonymous dhr said...

not being a surfing sort of Miltonist

a sure-feign one?

:-P

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

More an ironic serf here in this world . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 4:25 PM, Anonymous dhr said...

Mil-tonnerres!

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

All for the One, and the One for all . . .

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Carter Kaplan said...

I have posted a brief introduction to Dario's work in my blog Highbrow.

Please click here to see the post

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

I'll take a look.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home