Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Al Qaeda reads my blog!

Slytherin House Crest
"You knew I was a snake
when you took me in!"
(Image from Wikipedia)

Some folks say that blogging is bad for your health. Ted Olsen, writing for Christianity Today in an article ominously titled "The Death of Blogs" (9/25/2007), quotes Michael Parsons on the rigors of blogging:
"Good bloggers work like dogs," says Michael Parsons, editor of the tech site CNet.co.uk. "You can't expect readers to show up unless you show up. And the Internet never closes.... Every successful blogger I've come across is the same. Eat, sleep, and drink the work. No time out; no holidays."
As Olsen notes, "That's not a recipe for healthy living, especially if you're working a day job that's not paying you to blog."

Blogging about Islamists probably isn't a recipe for healthy living either, no matter what one's day job might be.

Recently, I posted an entry on "Islamists: Mismanagement of Savagery?" in which I noted Michael Totten's report that Al Qaeda's savagery in Iraq's large western, Anbar Province had turned the insurgent tribes there against Islamists and into cooperation with the American military.

This morning, I found the following comment by a certain 'Donald':
Very funny ! ! How could someone well educated like you still bleive U.S.A media ! ! Al Qaeda or ABU NAJI never said People couldn't shave or smoke. never did action for that. The most of what you said are from G Bush media witch is made for stupid American People.
My friend 'Donald' linked his name to "Jihad Watch," in irony (I suppose) since that site is antijihadist. Anyway, I replied:
'Donald', I don't know what a "G Bush media witch" is, but your entire comment sounds rather 'occult' and therefore hard to understand. Anyway, I was reading Michael Totten, not George Bush.

Not smoke or shave? The smoking ban was news to me in Totten's report, but the shaving ban wherever Islamists come to power is well-known.
Now, I don't know that my friend 'Donald' is really Al Qaeda, but he certainly sounds like an Islamist sympathizer. He's not an American, nor is he a native speaker of English despite the fact that he's based in the U.K. (and I have his IP address). He reached my site through a Google search for "Abu Bakr Naji," author of The Management of Savagery, an Al Qaeda blueprint for ruling over areas conquered through military jihad, and he spent 24 minutes (and one second, but who's counting?) reading my blog, even troubling himself to take five page views. That shows dedication and a desire to judge my blog on its merits rather than an impulse to react in outraged indignation.

Fifty points for Slytherin!

However, given the low quality of my friend's comment -- the conspiratorial worldview, the immature name-calling, the ungrounded claims -- I must, regrettably, deduct 60 points, thereby resulting in a 10-point loss for Slytherin.

Sorry about that, 'Mouthboy'...

Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see that poor Donald does make one valid point. A bit out of the context I know you meant however.

When one dons an explosive vest or drives a bomb-laden vehicle into a marketplace crowded with women and children shopping for food and fulfills his "mission", one does go out smoking.

The moral problem as I see it is that an individual should have the choice whether to smoke. Does Donald advocate that simply because he might choose to, gives him the "duty" to impose his choice on others?

If Donald chooses to smoke he should show some care so as not to expose second-hand smoke on others.And he should take care when reading blogs such as this to avoid the unwarranted feeling that he comprehends everything that is being debated.

I know that everytime I click here I am likely to find something I know little of.

JK

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Dorian Gray said...

Oh man, I don't know what to say, I was warned, here in Germany,to "be careful", I was even, kind of, forced, to remove all the photos of 'my German' because I am jeopardizing his security by writing things that Islamists might not like...

I am fed up with being "afraid" to write what I want just because some people might be insulted and decide to kill me. Unfortunately the tradition of Muslim violence in Europe is worrying, from the Caricatures (did you read Henryk M. Broders last book?)to the murder of the Dutch politician - if they don't like you or what you say they just kill you?!

And not a single word about the clown's speech at Columbia???

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

JK, same here, on every point that you raise -- particularly on my also knowing little about what I find in the blog entries here ... and I write them!

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Thanks, Dorian. I figure that the Islamists aren't going to like me anyway since I'm kufr, so it makes little difference what I say. I don't go out of my way to insult, but my existence itself is an insult to the Islamists, I suppose.

Still ... be wary there in Europe.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home