Thursday, April 20, 2006

The Noble NoZe Brotherhood ... at Wikipedia?

The Noble NoZe Brotherhood, circa 2003

Readers may recall that I 'fessed up to having been a member of Baylor University's Noble NoZe Brotherhood during my callow youthful college 'daze' ... which may help explain some of my occasional absurdist humor.

Be that as it may, I was surprised to find a Wikipedia entry on the NoZe Brotherhood. It's full of lies, fabricated scandals, and outright slander directed at the Noble NoZe!

I proudly added a few of my own.

I see from Googling that the NoZe Brothers celebrated their 80th anniversary this year, according to an article in the Waco Tribune Herald, which means that the Brotherhood was founded in 1926.

That's a lie! It was founded in 1924, precisely as the Wikipedia entry states!

Actually, that's also a lie.

In truth, the NoZe Brotherhood was founded before the foundations of the world but lay hidden away among the deep things of Elmo the Lightning God until its revelation in these latter days.

Hmmm ... I ought to add this fact to Wikipedia's store of lore about the NoZe.

Anyway, speaking of the NoZe religion, my official post in my NoZe days was "Keeper of the Prayer," which went something like this:

Compensate Elmo.
Hope wake I.
Before die I.
If keep to NoZe my Elmo to pray I.
Sleep to down me lay I now.
Achoo!

The Brotherhood had bequeathed me this honored "Pray-er" position in virtue of my obvious qualifications.

Namely, my NoZe moniker: "Brother AgNoZetic."

As you can surmise, we were a pretty silly organization, and intentionally so, but belonging to the NoZe gave one a certain cachet ... except that one's membership was supposed to remain so damned anonymous.

Yet despite our Groucho Marx noses, big wigs, and shabby tuxedos, other students managed to see through the disguise.

And not a single one of us had plausible deniability.

10 Comments:

At 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I fondly remember being "adopted" into the brotherhood for one homecomming parade in 1984.

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

That's not my anonymous (biological) brother, is it?

I remember that, too. You wore Groucho-glasses and drove a Volkswagon carrying a float, right?

Thanks for the memory...

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Pancho said...

I'm the naked guy in the middle of the picture with the "I got fired from Enron" poster.

Thought I'd drop a friendly line to say, "go screw yourself!"

SATCH!

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Pancho, that sounds like an old Lenny Bruce line.

Satchelissimo.

Jeffery "AgNoZetic" Hodges

* * *

 
At 6:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Wow. So I am a Baylor Freshman and The Noze is holding the annual paper pickup tomorrow and I have no topic! I am getting desperate. So if you can, why don't you help a girl out here and tell me the secret of creating a story? After all a Noze Knows...
You can find me at lostinmyinsanity@gmail.com...

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Anonymous, unfortunately, I never see the comments made on old posts, so I am unaware of your request for the secret to writing a humorous article for Unrush that will get you into the NoZe, and I therefore cannot advise you to simply be yourself -- so long as your self is funny.

Jeffery Hodges

* * *

 
At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AgNoZetic,

I won't mention whether or not I'm a brother, but I will gently remind you that I didn't vote for you.

Hope you're not doing well.

-Bro. RomaNoZe Clef

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

RomaNoZe Clef, I wouldn't have voted for you even if you hadn't existed,you piece of shin hair.

Jeffery "AgNoZetic" Hodges

* * *

 
At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Satch!

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Horace Jeffery Hodges said...

Satchal on, Brother LongNoZe, satch!

Jeffery "AgNoZetic" Hodges

* * *

 

Post a Comment

<< Home